so, the whole saving thing hasn't gone quite as well as planned. On the one hand, I did manage to get to $900, but on the other hand, Christmas shopping. So those two forces cancel each other out, sadly. To catch you up, dear reader:
estimated cost of moving to Saskatoon and living comfortably and reasonably financially stress free for the first couple weeks: $3,000
estimated time to moving day: 5 1/2 months
estimated monthly excess money: not much
there you have it.
I was doing well, and repaying my credits cards as well... oh well.
I'm finally finished christmas shopping, however. Just a few stocking stuffers to get, and I'll be absolutely done for good. Then I can get back into my saving mode, and try to re-establish my prior position. However, once again, that means taking a giant step back from frivolous spending (tools, dvds, fast food, etc.) and a more stringent savings strategy.
http://bohemian-wanderlust.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletethis is it--always a work in progress.
i think it's time for a new post.
ReplyDeletex