Excited, but afraid.
I'm excited, because in 34 days I start my course in Automotive Systems.
I'm afraid, because at the end of this course, I'll have to enter into the workforce, and begin a CAREER. Not just a job anymore. I'll have training, and I'll be skilled, and I'll be entering into an apprenticeship to become a fully fledged Mechanic. Not a glamourous job, but one I can see myself in. A little more practical, a little less abstract and totally random.
I've also been trying to write more, but to no avail. I never seem to have time (currently working on a 24 day in a row stretch for work) anymore. It will be nice once I start working at a Real job. 5 days a week, probably two days off in a row, holidays, no boxing day bullshit, easter weekend, long weekends all the time, pretty cushy stuff. You know, aside from the grease and the heavy lifting and the fixing mechanical things.. other than that, cushy.
I need to get in shape. I've been telling myself this for the last... two years now? And I still haven't figured out exactly what I need to do. never enough willpower to start a new diet, or workout regime. and this and that.
travel, life, laugh, love, all that stuff.
JR
No comments:
Post a Comment