I know, I know, two posts in one day?! really?! Believe it. I've been so avoiding Virginia Woolf and Thomas King that I am now driven to blogging. Yay me.
Lately things have seemed pretty stagnant. Every time I get paid, the vast majority of the money goes to tuition, some goes to bills (cell phone, internet, visa), and the rest --what little is left- gets instantly blown on something useless. I'm not getting anywhere with Tuition --still about 624 left to pay- Visa --almost at my limit- or my car loan for that matter --1200 left- and it is depressing. April is the last month for my student loans, so for May I will have to add Rent and my car payment to the list of items my paycheck has to support. The trade off will be that I can work almost 40 hrs/week beginning the end of April.
All of this means, what, exactly? Well. I haven't finished paying my tuition, so I cannot register for the fall yet (my registration date is March 30). I owe a lot on my Visa, so that adds a lot of stress to my being, and it completely kills my ability to save money. I owe 1200 on my car loan, which isn't terrible, but if I could just have it paid off ASAP, I could use the money every month that automatically goes to that to go to something like Visa, and it would help to pay things off.
On a positive note, I vow to be debt free by August. And come September I will be ready for the new school year, beginning fresh with --hopefully- a new job with the newspaper and an edition of Whetstone under my belt. That, I am extremely excited for. Once we get a website, and actually have some web presence, I will post the URL. The first draft of the layout for the magazine is finished, however --I'm always more interested in the concrete product of literature than the web aspect- and it is absolutely GORGEOUS!
As for the new job. I've applied for the Copy Editor position with the University Newspaper. It is a paid position, about $400/month *which is nice*, and allows me to take another step into the publishing/editorial field. I already have one extremely valuable experience, and here I go for two. :-)
Anyway, I have to read some Virginia Woolf and Thomas King tonight, make some notes for class, then read Dickens, take excellent notes for an essay, then actually write said essay. All the while teaching myself Logic, and the theory of Deconstructive Critical Theory/Nothingness Philosophy, and Metaphysics for ANOTHER essay. Egads, knowledge is tiresome, and there's never enough time in the day.
Be well to the world and most of all, be excellent to yourself.
\\// peace
-jr
No comments:
Post a Comment